Wednesday 19 May 2010

for how long do you let sleeping dogs lie?

As if my life wasn't stressful enough right now. And there we go, I've already made this about me again. In all honesty it's not, never was, it's about someone who I might well be closer to than almost anyone else in this world. Just thinking of them going through what they did gives me a physical pain in my chest, which crushes any other thoughts out of my head.

This was in essence 'a sleeping dog'. Gone, in the past, unspoken of and unthought about. At least by me. The other night, a late night conversation revealed that there was far more to this dog than I realised, more of a snarling, snapping wolf than a slightly growling terrier. The things I heard that night had me alternating between tears, shaking with sickness and rage and breaking into a cold sweat (I didn't even know that was possible).

So right now I have a dilemma, but it's not even my dilemma. I know at some point I'll be asked to give an opinion on it, but I don't know what I'm going to say. Do I let it lie, leaving a shadow threatening to creep into her life, or do I attempt tell her to bring some tiny amount of justice to world, and by doing that either fix it or risk throwing that shadow straight over her.

Right now it's all I can do to keep my head above the water, and walk tall like nothing's ever been wrong in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment