Saturday 4 July 2009

Forgive and forget? If only if were that simple....

Why is it that some people you can forgive the unforgiveable, and others you can't even begin to understand? Yesterday I forgave someone something that, by anyones standards, was totally heartless and unforgiveable. Call me an idiot, but I did it because I truly believe that he's a good person, he just got into a hole, kept digging until he couldn't get out with causing a landslide. And tbh, however much I should hate him for it, the guys got guts. It takes a lot to admit to what he did, knowing what he had to lose, but he still did it.

On the other hand we have the other person. I've tried really hard to forgive them (for much less than the first) and get on with them. But failed. I just can't do it. There seems to be a mutual hatred so strong running between us that try as I might, however many times I keep ignoring their faults and comments, there will always be another thrown at me. I just can't make myself turn the other cheek again and again and get along with them. I've tried arguing it out with them repeatedly, but as much as it pains me to say it, I can never win, because they will never concede a point. The thing is, both of us think that we came out worse all that time ago, I was truly sorry about my part in it, they say they were as well, but words are so easy to say, it's so much harder to mean them.

Anyway, the point is, why are some people just so hard to get along with? Do they do it deliberately? Even when they know that just for a while, you have no choice but to be around each other? I guess some people just think differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment